Blocked



Since we moved to our new house, I've been having a bit of a creative block. Especially when it comes to writing blog posts, and taking pictures.. as you probably have noticed ;)

I've been thinking about where on earth that block came from, and many, many options came to mind. I started with things like: my head is just busy with other things, I'm more interested in decorating the house, it's the time of the year. Then things progressed to: I'm not good enough at writing blog posts, my pictures just suck anyway, is anybody even reading this? And then I realised that something I have been trying to avoid has been slowly but surely creeping up on me: comparison.

"Don't compare your beginning to someone elses middle." It's a quote that planted itself firmly in my head when I read it first, and has come up to the surface many times since. Still, somehow I completely forgot about it for a while, and see where that got me: hardly writing and posting at all. I'm trying to be too serious, not posting the quick, fun, quirky stories that happen to me. Why? Beats me!
So I'm trying to be less critical towards my own work. Or at least, not overcriticize it. When I started this blog, I never intended to publish only perfect posts. It was a way for me to share my pictures, document my life and just have fun. So that's what I want to return to. It's been forever since I took pictures for the sake of taking pictures, and it's time to follow my own words: Oh, just shoot!

I'm taking this new found enthousiasm and I'm using it to kickstart two of my 25 goals at 25: grow my blog and let it thrive, and give my blog a massive makeover. I'm excited to get to work :)

Do you have any tips about what you would like to read on this little blog of mine? Please let me know! :)

Geen opmerkingen :

Een reactie posten

Back to Top