#ohjustcraft26projects: 2. headphones made pretty

For #2 of my 26 creative projects I decided to go for a rather easy, short project. Or so I thought. I think it took me a total of 5 hours to finish, so short isn't really the correct description. Ah well, It's done, and I like it. Win!

I decided to make my headphones a bit prettier, by wrapping yarn around it. I had this skein of yarn lying around and I didn't really have a plan for it, so I decided it was a good fit for my project.
This project is really super easy, it just takes time. All you have to do is this:

Start with attaching your yarn to the cord with a regular knot.

Make a loop with yarn. make sure the right end of your loop goes over your cord. 

Take your skein and pull it under the cord and over the bottom part of the loop. See how if you follow the yarn from where it's attached to the cord it first goes under the yarn, then over the cord, then under the cord, then over itself? That's how you want it. 

Now pull, and your loop will tighten.


And there you go! Do this about a thousand times and your cord will be covered all the way. 
I love how this turned out. I'm a notorious breaker of cords, so this will help me keep it safe and find it back easily!

Geen opmerkingen :

Een reactie posten

Back to Top