Plans plans plans...



Being 'in between jobs' but not knowing when the next one will start, it's hard to make a proper schedule for the rest of the year. I don't know where I'll be in a month, let alone in 3 months. I'm pretty much a person that likes to know what she's dealing with, so that is quite a challenge for me. But I've decided to not fight it anymore, instead I'll just roll with it. It took me a year, but here we are.

So the plan is to just plan some stuff, and we'll see whether things will happen. Some of the things I'm looking forward to for the rest of 2013:

Of course the biggest plan for the coming months is finding a job. If you know of any labs or biotechnology related companies in the middle or south of the Netherlands that are looking for technicians and the like, please let me know. I may have overlooked them...

Travel journal: You've seen the bones of my travel journal last week, but that's just the start. I've picked out most of the pictures that I'll put in, and I have a big envelope full of stuff to go in. I'm super excited, and I can't wait to get my pictures printed.

Week in the life. September 9-15: Week in the life is really quite simple: you document everything you do for a week, in text and photos. I've been debating about doing this or not. I feel like my days are just boring and empty, so why document an entire week? But then I realized that I do actually do something all day, and this is what my life has been like for the last year. That it's not something to be ashamed of. So I'm being brave, and I'm joining in!

Wie is... de mol? September 13-15: Friends of friends of ours have organized a weekend playing the game IRL in Amsterdam, and Imre and I are participating. Since I'll be pretty busy trying to focus on the game that weekend, I'll probably shift the week in the life two days, so that I'll start with the weekend of 6-8 Sept.

Mystery shopping: For a few months I've been doing this and it's quite fun! Basically you get paid a small amount of money to go to certain stores and follow a scenario you've been given. It's a nice way to keep busy and I've collected enough money in the last few months to...

Buy new running shoes! And run a 5k on them. My running shoes are very ready to be replaced, and I'm very excited to get high quality new ones. I've been running on ok-quality ones so far, but I think my knees deserve high quality ones :) After I've gotten used to my new shoes I'm planning to sign up for a 5k (it's on my list of things to do before I turn 25!).

Reading: It seems I've beat my reading slump: yay! A few months ago I made a list of all the books I own that I haven't read yet. Turns out that's a list of 35 books. In the mean time I've read 5 of them, but the plan is to have read at least half of them by the end of the year.

And of course there are always a ton of creative ideas running circles inside my head :)

So yeah, I'm set!



Geen opmerkingen :

Een reactie posten

Back to Top