25 things you may or may not know about me

I've seen this thing called "Friday Introductions" going around on Instagram. The idea is that you post a pic of yourself, and introduce yourself to any new followers. Since the blog relaunch last Monday I've gained quite a few new followers, so I thought I'd join the fun. And then I thought: why not do a similar thing on the blog? So today I'm sharing some fun facts about myself, both here and over on Instagram.

26 things you may or may not know about me:

  • My favourite edible things in this world are chocolate and tea.
  • I studied Neuroscience and almost started a PhD in molecular neurobiology, but in the end I decided to get a job outside academia. Sometimes I miss cells and enzymes and pathways and especially the pretty microscopic pictures :)
  • Amongst friends and family I am known for my crazy need to try what they call "weird projects" like a 365 day photo project or Whole30. I guess my goals for this year fall in that category as well...
  • Imre and I have been together for over 9 years. We split up for about a year in 2009, but found that life was more fun together. And it still is :)
  • My favourite animal is a giraffe. 
  • I have dubbed our new car Regidius (the Dutch version of Regulus), but Imre refuses to use that name. He's under the impression cars shouldn't be named.
  • I have my driving exam this Wednesday. I'm kind of nervous about it but also a lot more confident than last time (I failed my first exam in December). I'm super motivated, because when I pass I get to go to work by car (Regidius!), and don't have to get rained on 4 times a day (see next point point).
  • I currently own and use two bikes, in two different cities. My daily commute looks like this: 20 minutes of biking, a 40 minutes train ride and then another 20 minutes by bike. And in the evening we do it all over again in the opposite direction. It's amazing in the warmer half of the year, but it really truly sucks right now.
  • My parents got divorced when I was 3 years old, and I cannot remember anything from when they were together.
  • I am slightly night blind. This is not very handy when you love to go camping, and have a talent for forgetting your flashlight (either at home or lost in your tent somewhere).
  • My favourite household chore is laundry. For real. 
  • I dream of one day owning my own little business. One day, but not just yet.
  • When I grew up though, I wanted to become a dolphin trainer, psychologist, veterinarian, doctor, and a world traveller. 
  • I love to run at night, but not during winter. It's dark by the time I get home, and when I run in the dark I somehow feel like I'm not moving that fast. I guess it has something to do with my night blindness or something? I'm often surprised by my average pace when I get home, so that's a good thing I guess. 
  • My favourite band is Mumford and Sons. Queen is pretty high up there, too. 
  • I have a bit of a fear of heights. Or rather, I have a fear of being on high structures that move because of the wind (like the stairs up the Eiffel tower... bad memories). I hate this fear, because I kind of love heights... I'm weird that way.
  • Related: I still have a thing for Heath Ledger.
  • I love my phone, but I am really bad at calling people back or replying to their texts. Sorry! I also miss the gene that makes you feel uncomfortable when you don't have your phone with you. The only thing that I really miss is the camera function...
  • I think my totem animal would be a phoenix.
  • A few weeks ago I texted my friend that we had bought a car. She replied that I'm quite grown up now: a proper job, a house, a car. I replied that she got all of the other grown up stuff: a husband, a son and a daughter. Together we came to the conclusion that if you made us into one person, the only thing missing would be a dog. 
  • I'm afraid of dogs, but only when I'm running. 
  • I love snow. I get excited like a little kid on the rare occasion that it snows. 
  • I just asked Imre for a funny fact about me, and according to him my knowledge about Harry Potter is crazy. 
Bonus: yes, I do wear that scarf a lot... I promise to post a picture without it soon!

Geen opmerkingen :

Een reactie posten

Back to Top