My go-to granola recipe

 If you've been following me on Instagram for a while, there's a chance you know that I'm trying to eat healthy. It's an adventurous journey and at times I'm really bad at it, but I keep trying new things and making adjustments as I go. and I just try to keep going.
One of the foods my body doesn't like that much is wheat. I can eat it sometimes without feeling blegh, but not on a daily basis. A few years ago I started eating yoghurt/quark with granola for breakfast, and I haven't looked back since.

This granola recipe is my all-time favorite. And the best part is that I came up with it myself! Ok ok, it's based on some recipes I found online (just Google paleo granola, you'll find tons of recipes). But I mixed and matched and in the end I made my own. It's satisfying, yummy and healthy. Plus, there's cacao in it. Great way to start your day :)

Ingredients:
2 cups of nuts (any nuts will do. I usually get a mixture of almonds, hazelnuts, walnuts, pecans and cashews)
2 cups of oats
1 cup of buckwheat
1/4 cup of ground flaxseeds

1/3 cup of coconut oil
2 heaping tbsp of honey
2 tbsp of cacao
1 heaping tsp cinnamon
1 tsp of vanilla (I use an aroma, but I'm sure vanilla extract would work as well, or even better)
pinch of salt




Instructions:
Preheat your oven to about 160°C / 320°F.
Chop your nuts roughly using a food processor.
Combine your "dry ingredients" in a bowl: nuts, oats, buckwheat and flaxseeds. Mix well and set them aside for now.
In a small pan over medium heat melt and mix your "wet ingredients": coconut oil, honey, cacao, cinnamon, vanilla and salt.
Stir until the coconut oil has melted and you have a nice, smooth mixture.
Pour this mixture over your dry ingredients and make sure every bit of your granola is coated.







By now your oven should be hot.
Spread your coated granola evenly on a lined baking sheet and press firmly with your spatula to make sure you get a compact layer.
Bake for 15 minutes. Stir. Bake for another 5 minutes.

And your yummy granola is ready to go :)




I love this recipe. I eat it with some quark, a bit of honey and lots of fruit. But I'm sure it would be good with milk too, if you prefer that!







Geen opmerkingen :

Een reactie posten

Back to Top